Training in Verbier



 Looking at the weather forecasts, I was a bit apprehensive about going to Verbier to do some training for my walk in Spain which is only ten days away. It said mostly rain and quite cool. It rained last night but I woke up to bright sunshine.

So armed with my walking poles and layers (the weather changes very quickly in the Alps) I was off up the Medran and down the paths which we ski normally in the wintertime.



It was quite hot early in the morning  and I was boiling as I foolishly decided to go off piste straight into a trap of continuous cow pats, hidden streams and very high shrubs and flowers.  Big mistake.  Trying to get back onto the path was quite tricky so in the end I had to bum roll down a very steep rocky part of the mountain.  Not exactly glamorous trekking.

So off to Marlene restaurant in Verbier for lunch.  Europe is so civilised, the trekkers are gathered in nice restaurants with their equipment, having wine and several well deserved courses.



I opted for a mixed salad, a cassoulet of mushrooms and some wine.  Can't imagine the food in Spain will be as good along the path, but here in Verbier, it certainly makes walking up a thousand meters well worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts