Argentinian Polo, Cloned Horses and Gay Pride In Buenos Aires



                                  


Another fun day in BA.  I must say, the people are incredibly friendly and absolutely gorgeous.  And today, it was all about the men!

Argentinian polo is world famous and I was lucky enough to get my timing right.  November is the month that the best teams meet up in the top three tournaments. This event was at the Hurlingham (yes, named after the English club) and featured the two top polo teams.  You definitely see the British influence, the moment you arrive.


 The band at the Hurlingham.


Polo players seem to come from families over here.  They're all related. In one of the teams I watched today, Ellerstina, they come from one family.  Their last name is Pieres. The four of them make up the team. And in this most exciting final, they won!


Pieres polo playing family.





Interestingly enough, many of the polo horses in the match are clones! In the opposing team, La Dolfina, they use cloned horses.  There was a list of horses for sale and as you can see, above, many of the horses are clones.  Definitely not a conventional way of doing things!




After my polo day in Hurlingham, I arrived back in Palermo Soho to find the Gay Pride show in full force! This is not the parade but the street party day.  And since my hotel is on the street and my room was shaking from the music vibrations, I decided to join in the festivities and do some shaking of my own! Hello boys!!




Tomorrow it's historical Buenos Aires and my organised tango fix!

Comments

Popular Posts