Kyoto To Tokyo, Food.

 


This part of the blog covers food! Kyoto is wonderful to visit, but aside from the geishas and temples, I sampled some delicious things. I’ll quickly name them since I believe I’ve already described various points of my trip but I always get asked for food recommendations so here they are.



There is this delicious parfait you can get off the main shopping street. It’s a combination of black sesame ice cream, black beans, cream, some jelly pieces and cornflakes. Somehow the combination of textures and flavours really work! I’m sure there are many variations but I really enjoyed this one.



Then there’s the Japanese version of the Mont Blanc.  Chestnut purée with sponge and cream very artistically presented.  Very rich and a popular favourite.











There is also this great noodle restaurant  whose card I included above.  In a wonderful setting with views of a beautiful garden, the noodle soup is wonderfully flavoured which is very popular with the locals.  The trio of matcha ice creams hit the spot after the meal. We had to hit the queue early for a seat in the counter.










Wabiya Koreikido for omakase yakitori.  I didn’t include all the courses but they were plentiful. Book.


After leaving Kyoto I headed for my last few days in Tokyo. Luckily I saw Mount Fuji for the fourth time this trip.


After reaching Tokyo, I checked into my hotel which was quite interesting being an art hotel (Park) which showcased various artists throughout the floors and also art shorts beamed onto the central wall of the building.



I digress, back to the food.  After I checked in, I proceeded to the annual ramen festival outside of central Tokyo. Cheap, cheerful and packed, it hosted a variety of competing ramen stands. I’m not sure if you’d get a better standard ramen just from the ramen alley at the Tokyo station but it was interesting to check out nonetheless.


My final and last day, I opted for a tempura lunch in Ginza, Ten-Ichi. I really enjoyed the various courses (again I didn’t include all the photos) presented slowly and freshly cooked in front of you.










I really ate very well (and in large quantities) throughout the various cities and towns in Japan. Yum!
I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this stay and, frankly can’t wait to return.

Comments

Popular Posts